Focus Hotels Management is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We’ll only use your personal data on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulation.
Focus Hotels Management may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- IP number, domain and geo-location from the computer you use to access the website
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We will never sell your personal data, but we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have given us your consent by opting in to be contacted, we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, but you have the right to ‘opt out’ at anytime, by unsubscribing from such communications. Every newsletter will include an ‘unsubscribe’ link that you can click to opt out of the mailing list.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail, but only if you have consented. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Security & Data Retention/Deletion
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your booking with us will also result in personal data being created. This transaction data collected, including purchase of goods or services, whether booking made direct to hotel or via the website, will not be used to contact you for any other purpose than related to that individual booking and for keeping proper records of those transactions.
We may sometimes use third parties to capture some of our data on our behalf, but only where we are confident that the third party will treat your data securely, in accordance with our terms and in line with the requirements set out in the GDPR.
Please note, as a Guest/Booker at our hotels, we reserve the right to send you information regarding your account with us (for example, but not limited to: Reservation confirmation emails at time of booking, pre- or post stay emails, account and payment status, updates to terms and conditions, general customer communications, e.g price changes) even if you have opted out of receiving marketing information. This is in line with the GDPR regulations and covered under Legitimate Interest.
We may retain your personal data information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Other than for a legal requirement, your personal contact data will be deleted once you have asked us to unsubscribe you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information or to change your mind about receiving marketing information by writing to or emailing us at:
Focus Hotels Management Limited,
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel,
Hatfield, AL10 9AF
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the above address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Website Usage Policy
The term ‘Focus Hotels Management’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: Focus Hotel Management Limited, Forest House, Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, Roehyde Way, Hatfield, AL10 9AF.
Our company registration number is 06279516 – Registered in England & Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Focus Hotel Management’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
For other matters regarding the website policy then please contact:
Focus Hotels Management Limited
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Hatfield AL10 9AF
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
A GREAT COUNTRY HOUSE LOCATION NEAR LEICESTER
Sketchley Grange is the perfect location to connect with colleagues, family and friends:
- Situated on the borders of Leicestershire and Warwickshire
- Minutes away from M69
- Less than 10 miles to Leicester and Coventry
- Less than 30 minutes to Birmingham NEC, Birmingham Airport, East Midlands Airport, Warwick and Stratford
- Free car parking for over 200 vehicles, including space for coaches, with limited electric (EV) charging points
- We encourage minimal use of motorised vehicles and encourage visitors to the hotel to car share, or use public transport where possible to support our vision for a greener future.
- A Dog Friendly Hotel